Traditional Afghan Weddings

When a man and a woman wants to get married in Afghan culture, the guy sends their family over to the girls family for a marriage proposal. Once the parents of the girl, has accept the proposal, the girls side of the family gives chocolates to the eldest of the guys side of the family. The chocolates basically represents that the girls side of the family has accepted the proposal.


However, after the acceptance, the girls side of the family organises and engagement party for everyone to celebrate with the immediate family and friends. Thus, the engagement party also follows on the khina (henna) night, which is only ladies night where all the lady can dance. That the henna night, the bride usually wears the traditional afghan clothes, whereas, the groom wear Jami (which is traditional afghan pants and a shirt) with a lungy (traditional Afghan hear gear). As for the bride family and the groom’s family, the girls usually wear the afghan traditional clothes and silver jewellery that goes with the traditional clothes. That evening of the henna night, it’s celebrated with afghan dancing and the afghan traditional dance called the ‘Attan’.




           















As part of the afghan tradition at the henna night, the bride closes her hand and the groom’s mother will try to open her hand. If she does not manage to open the bride’s hand, the bride will then receive an expensive gift from the groom’s side of the family. Then, it’s time for the khina where the bride and the groom’s side applies it on the bridges hand.  

Finally, after all that the wedding night arrives. While some people have the wedding during the day, whereas, with the Afghans they usually celebrate their weddings during the night. During the day they will celebrate a ceremony called the ‘nikah' (religious ceremony). This is where the bride wears a green dress and accepts the bride accepts the groom to her lawful husband and the groom accepts the bride as his wife.

Although, after the Nikah the bride then wears a white dress and the grooms wear a suit. The bride and the grooms them goes to a beautiful location to take photos before going to the reception. When all the guests have arrived, the bride and grooms enter with the traditional afghan song for the bride and groom. Once they have arrived, that’s when the party starts. Before the bride and groom cuts the cake, the sister of the bride side does a traditional afghan knife dance. While the sister of the bride is doing the knife dance she is also asking for money of the groom (brother in law). Hence, once her groom had given his sister in law the money, she gives the knife to the groom. Then, the groom and the bride gets to cut the cake.

After the end of the wedding, it is time for the bride to leave her mothers and fathers house. At the end of the wedding when the bride is saying bye before she actually leaves the brides brother ties a green cloth around her waist. After that has been done, the bride then goes with the groom to their house.



Comments

  1. i want chocolates too ;) lol anyway this is a very interesting culture but i have one question, the lobola part what happens there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🥞🍘🍰🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍮🍪🍩🍭🥧🍰

      Delete
  2. What do you people think of an afghan girl registering on online matrimonial websites, afghanpartner.com shaadi.com and etc. I want your opinion on finding an afghan life partner through the online matrimonial services. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cool and very interesting to read. Thanks for sharing this in your blog. Keep posting more in future. Event Management in Pondicherry Wedding Decorators in Trichy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to use this opportunity to thank Dr.Akhanene for what he has done for me and for helping me to get my ex back with his love spell at first I thought it's not going to work until I have faith in it and it tells me that it's guarantee and truly I have seen it thanks aging papa I we advice you people who need love spell to contract Dr.Akhanene email DrAkhanenespellhome@gmail.comwhasAPP him +2348168714427

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete
  6. My testimony of Getting ex back after a breakup
    My boyfriend of a 4year just broke up with me and I am 3 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most nights. Sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot. After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me once and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. I was really upset and I needed help, so one day I came across a website that suggested that Dr. Imoloa can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 2 weeks later, my boyfriend came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything is back  to normal. I and my boyfriend and I are living together happily again. Dr. Imoloa as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back,  happy marriage love spell, unable to get pregnant, Loto Spell, protection spell, traveler spell, job spell, attraction charms, extreme protections and so on. Contact him Via Email-drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / Whatsapp- +2347081986098. Website- drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a privilege to share this miraculous testimony to the world. I'm Beth Walters from England. My husband divorced me 4 months back and I have been filled with remorse for I didn't know what to do to amend issues with my husband. I searched for help on the internet on how I could get help in my marriage and I discovered great testifiers about WEALTHY LOVE SPELL who has been progressive with his spells. I got in touch with him and behold, Dr.Wealthy told me that he will prepare a spell for me that will bring back my husband. I was skeptical but I had no other option but to work with him. 2 days later, my husband called me that he's coming back home and from that day till this moment, we have been living peacefully. He is back now with so much love and caring. today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back and the most surprising thing is that our love is very strong now, every day is happiness and joy. and There is nothing like being with the man you love. I will highly recommend Dr.Wealthy  to anyone one out there who needs help whatsoever. If you have any problem contact Dr.Wealthy, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you!!.  

    wealthylovespell@gmail.com

    Write him on Whats-app +2348105150446

    ReplyDelete
  8. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  9. It breaks my heart to know that people are hurting so badly that they are desperate to get their love lives back. For anyone hurting right now, I want you to worry no more for your Ex lover/partner will come back to you so you can feel whole again and I truly mean that... When my wife left me, Lord Zakuza was the man I contacted that helped me to get my wife back with his powerful spell within 48 hours and I can never forget the day I meant Lord Zakuza for he's spells perform GREAT MIRACLES. Get in touch with Lord Zakuza now for he's like a God on earth that can get your EX lover back within 48 hours with his powerful spell. Email Lord Zakuza via Lordzakuza7@gmail.com or WhatsApp and text him through this number +1 740 573 9483

    ReplyDelete
  10. The greatest Joy in my life today is that i have been cured of Herpes by a Doctor called Dr Ogudugu, I was infected with HERPES Disease in 2019, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution,so that my body can be okay. Until one faithful day as i was browsing on the internet I saw a testimony on how Dr Ogudugu has helped people in curing Herpes and other diseases, quickly copied his WhatsApp number so i contacted him for solution for my Herpes disease, So Dr Ogudugu told me that his going to prepare his herbal medicine for my health which he sent to me, luckily after 2week my Herpes was cured. Dr Ogudugu is well recognize as one of the best herbalist doctor in Africa, you don't have to be sad anymore or cry anymore on this disease when the cure is available. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT,there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also cure ALS, HIV AIDS, CANCER, HPV, DIABETES and lots more.
    For enquiries:
    E-mail: greatogudugu@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +2348063739701

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reach out to our team for professional wedding event lighting and DJ in Arizona Book our services right away Call us now
    Event Production Company Arizona

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spitting on the bride: Masai weddings Kenya

Lebanese Traditional Weddings